EasyFundraising is a web portal that allows supporters to fundraise for their chosen cause(es) every time they make a purchase from certain retailers or subscribe to some services. Many popular brands and retailers are part of this system, so you can easily raise a steady stream of income over time. It's not restricted to registered charities, so any group, or indeed an individual raising sponsorship, can be a part of it. It obviously helps if you have a large number of supporters actively supporting the same cause. Contributions range from a few pence per transaction, through to £20 plus for some services, like insurance. There are also occasional voucher, discount and special offers with big name retailers.
A sister organisation, EasySearch pays a small sum for every search carried out through their search engine, which you can install easily into your browser.
- Easy to use.
- No cost to donor.
- Donor can choose cause for a single purchase.
- Find and Remind Toolbar encourages you to sign in when you visit a participating web site.
- Don't rely on it for fundraising, it's a useful supplement.
- Better if you can encourage a large crowd of supporters who consistently buy online to use it regularly.
- You do need to log in through the EF portal to be able to claim the cashback on your shopping.
- They pay quarterly, but only if your total for the quarter exceeds £15, otherwise it is carried forward.