Twitter is a real-time information network that connects you to the latest stories, ideas, opinions and news about what you find interesting. Simply find the accounts you find most compelling and follow the conversations.
At the heart of Twitter are small bursts of information called Tweets. Each Tweet is 140 characters long, but don’t let the small size fool you—you can discover a lot in a little space. You can see photos, videos and conversations directly in Tweets to get the whole story at a glance, and all in one place.
- You don’t have to build a web page to surf the web, and you don’t have to tweet to enjoy Twitter. Whether you tweet 100 times a day or never, you still have access to the voices and information surrounding all that interests you. You can contribute, or just listen in and retrieve up-to-the-second information.
- Twitter connects businesses to customers in real time—and businesses use Twitter to quickly share information with people interested in their products and services, gather real-time market intelligence and feedback, and build relationships with customers, partners and influencers.
- Experience Twitter on your mobile device by using one of the free Twitter apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry and Windows 7.
- Twitter lends itself to cause and action. Every day there are stories of people using Twitter to help make the world a better place in unexpected ways. Visit stories.twitter.com to learn more.
- To get the best use out of twitter you need to follow interesting people to receive their news in your news feed