Google Alerts are emails sent to you when Google finds new results - such as web pages, newspaper articles, or blogs - that match your search term. You can use Google Alerts to monitor anything on the Web.
Enter a search query you wish to monitor. You will see a preview of the type of results you'll receive. Some handy uses of Google Alerts include:
- monitoring a developing news story
- keeping current on a competitor or industry
- getting the latest on a celebrity or event
- keeping tabs on your favorite sports teams
Here's how it works:
- You enter a query that you're interested in.
- Google Alerts checks regularly to see if there are new results for your query.
- If there are new results, Google Alerts sends them to you in an email.
- It's free
- Very easy to use and setup
- Easy way to get the latest news
- Can sometimes come up with irrelevant stuff