TechBoomers is a free educational website that teaches older adults and other inexperienced internet users with basic computer skills about popular, trusted websites and internet-based applications that can make their lives easier and help improve their quality of life.
They provide three main services:
- They introduce users to trusted new websites and internet-based applications through an easy-to-navigate directory and targeted emails based on their interests.
- They provide free video and article tutorials in a language suited to those who may not be the most tech-savvy. These tutorials teach the easiest and most efficient ways to use the websites, as well as how these websites can improve your quality of life.
- They keep their users informed of important news and information about their favourite products via onsite alerts and periodic email newsletters.
- The educational content is free and fully-accessible (you don't need to create an account to use it).
- Aimed at older learners and inexperienced internet users with basic digital skills.
- Lots of great resources about how to use popular websites and apps, including digital tools.
- Lets you track your courses, so you know which ones are in progress and which ones you've completed.
- The website is available worldwide so may have resources that are specific to countries outside of the UK e.g. Senior Planet which is a website with info about senior-friendly social events around New York City.