Facebook is a hugely popular free social networking site that that enables registered users to create profiles, send and receive messages to keep in touch with friends, family and business colleagues, upload photos and video and much more.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.
Millions of people use Facebook everyday to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos, share links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet.
For more information check out our Community How To: Get started with Facebook guide
- Easy to use and get started
- Easy to connect with other people and start sharing information.
- Other users can 'Like' your page and will then be kept up to date with your latest posts on your page.
- A great way of organising and inviting other people to events.
- Can sometimes be confusing to keep track of conversations.
- There can be issues around privacy and who can view your content.