One of the most important things you can do to get your community group or third sector organisation seen online is to build a website. It may seem like a massive project but BT have come up with a free resource to help you build a website quickly and easily.
Don’t worry if you don’t think you’ve got the skills – anyone can get going using the free templates provided no matter how much (or little) experience you’ve got!
Top tips for your first website:
- Before you start, think about who your intended audience is and what you want to communicate to them.
- Theme your website to make it look like your brand. Pick colours that and always include a logo so people will instantly know they’ve come to the right place.
- Try to keep your content fresh and interesting. Short and frequent updates are far better than pages and pages that hardly ever change.
- Use images and videos wherever you can to keep it interesting and break up big chunks of text.
- Remember to publish your website in the BT community directory – it will help more people find your site and help you get going!
Stuck on how to get started? Make use of the great BT Community Web Kit Help Pages