Buttons is a useful digital tool for organising and sharing websites you love or find useful.
It's based on the 2010 tool called Internet Buttons and can help people who are a bit unsure about using the internet get to grips with it by giving them a simple set of websites they can trust.
Beyond those wanting to increase their digital capabilities, people who simply want to share lists of sites are using Buttons - whether they are recommending their favourite restaurants to friends or sharing a reading list with their book club.
Buttons is easy and quick to set up, and you don't have to register straight away.
- It can increase people's confidence using the internet.
- It can help you easily organise and share websites you find useful.
- It makes online processes much easier e.g. searching for jobs, accessing benefits information.
- It's a free service.
- It can be used on most mobile devices.
- It's a web-based service so it'll only work if you have an internet connection, or a data connection if you're using a mobile device.
- Although you can play around with the site without registering, if you want to save your Buttons you do have to register.
- The process of setting Buttons as your browser homepage is different for each browser, so you need to make sure you're following the right instructions for Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
- It's currently a beta site, so it's still being changed and improved.